Make a Wish
A Wish is a hope, dream, love or desire, to long for, to hanker after, to have a mind or disposition towards something. In the Walt Disney Movie "Cinderella” is a song called, ‘A Wish is a Dream Your Heart Makes,’ and this perfectly describes the concept of a wish.
Human beings are born with an innate aptitude to create what they want. It would be no exaggeration to affirm that every endeavour kick-starts with a Wish.
From blowing candles on a cake to wishing upon a star, virtually everyone has been compelled to make a wish at some point. Without a sincere desire to attain whatever it is that we are thinking about, our thoughts can be simply knocked out of the way by other thoughts that take their place.
Let’s start this discussion by asking a question:
Is it REALLY as important to set goals as everyone is making it out to be?
Nothing Happens Without Goals:
Sports teams – football, baseball, rugby, hockey, and all others – have a goal, a target, before they enter into any match – their goal is of course to win the match. And this goal is so important to them that they don’t want to leave it to chance, so they plan the whole game out in minute details.
Similarly, all political parties enter to contest elections with a very clear purpose of Winning and devise strategies, campaigns, etc to win the elections.
Now if it is so important to reach a goal like winning a match or election, don’t you think it is much, much more important to plan our life? That is true for business, for careers, for sports, for relationships and for every other area of life.
Most people think they will plan it when they have time. That does not always work. Benjamin Franklin said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”.
Nothing is ever achieved unless it is first thought about. Everything that we do or say starts with a thought. That means that you already have the beginnings of your goals right there in your mind.
If you don't have a dream, start thinking about what the dream for your life is. Start believing that just having a dream begins the process of fulfilling it. You can do it if you're willing to let every step you take, move you in that direction. Remember, you deserve the best that life has to offer.
Change is a slow and ongoing part of living. Deciding tomorrow that you will change everything and begin living in a completely different manner is setting yourself up to fail. Slow and steady wins the race every time.
- If you keep trying, at some point you will get better, succeed, overcome.
- If you stay focused on your dream, you will get closer and closer to it.
- If you remain flexible and open to possibilities, something better than you expected might happen.
- If you knock on enough doors, one will finally open.
- If you push through the perceived obstacles, you realize that you are stronger and more capable than you thought.
- If you focus on the process more than the outcome, you’ll find there’s more joy in the doing than the becoming.
- If you acknowledge that failure is part of learning and growing, then you will be more resilient and creative than you knew you could be.
- If you believe in yourself, in your inherent capacity for greatness, then you will be amazed at what you can do — things you never even considered.
Believe in yourself and your amazing capacity for renewal and hope. Believe in your ability to start every day fresh, to try again, to take one small action toward a better and happier life.
Believe in yourself, believe in yourself, believe in yourself . . . and don’t stop believing.
If you are anxious, you are living in the future
If you are peace, you are living in the present.